Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who Has Something to Share?

My life has not exactly been fraught with adventure these days. In spite of my attempts to write an interesting and captivating post every night this week, I never even made it as far as a title.  So much for that.  It's almost laughable...

I had a conversation that went something like this tonight:

   "How are things since I saw you last?" (three days ago)
   "Good, but there is nothing interesting to tell."
   "Yeah, me neither." 

Strangely, the conversation went on for 5 or 10 minutes after that.  That is the mark of a good friend.  You can talk even when there is nothing to talk about.

Good things about this week:

The glass I accidentally smashed against the countertop only broke into four pieces instead of one million, seven hundred fifty three thousand, four hundred twenty six.  That made it easy to clean up.  And the custard cup I dropped didn't break at all.  PS. Don't try to do dishes when you're very tired.  It's potentially dangerous.

New Year's Goals: I ate dinner three nights in a row.  Check. And, there are no clothes on the floor. Check. And one bedroom looks great. Check. (Don't ask about the other bedroom.)

I have enjoyed studying about the creation as I prepare for our Sunday School lesson next week.  It is a wonderful thing to read over familiar and comfortable passages of scripture.  It's kind of like a warm blanket wrapped around your soul, soothing and calming your heart.  And, I think, having a greater understanding of one's relationship to Deity makes the part about how He created man and woman in His image even more significant.  I am a child of God.  And so are you.  It is a simple phrase, yet marvelous beyond our comprehension.  Pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. Eric and I used to break so many glasses when we were first married. Just because we would let our dishes pile up way too high and things would get bumped.

    ReplyDelete