Sunday, January 17, 2010

On Life

I have been thinking about some of the blessings of mortality, and in the process, the following song I learned in Primary popped into my head.  I love the truths it conveys:

My life is a gift, my life has a plan
My life has a purpose, in heaven it began
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek for God's light to direct me from birth.

I will follow God's plan for me
Holding fast to His word and His love
I will work and I will pray, and I will always walk in His way
Then I will be happy on earth, and in my home above.


We discussed the Plan and the plan again in Relief Society today, and I'm grateful for both of them - the little plan that is specifically for me, and the Big Plan that is for everyone all at once.  What a blessing it is to know there is greater purpose to this life beyond the trivial and the mundane that we deal with on a daily basis - that we are being tutored in the characteristics that will make us like our Heavenly Father!

1 comment:

  1. It is so true that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us! I have been realizing that a lot lately, that he has a plan for me and is very much aware of me. When I moved to California a year and a half ago, I felt so prompted to do so, but didn't fully understand why. In the last few months, I have seen some of the reasons--the tremendous blessings. My dad passed away suddenly in October, and I was able to spend a lot of time with him during his last year on earth, for which I am so grateful!

    Thank you so much for your blog, Liz! I have so enjoyed reading it.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete